Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 15:09:08 +0900 (JST)
From:      Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@wyvern.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review newbus patch for amd and adv

In article <200004030103.TAA56398@harmony.village.org>
Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:

> In message <20000402230532V.nyan@dd.catv.ne.jp> Takahashi Yoshihiro writes:
> : For adv driver:
> : http://home.jp.FreeBSD.org/~nyan/patches/advansys.diff.gz
>
> I took a look at this change.  For the most part it looks good.

Thanks.

> However, I have a question.  Why did you move the adv_isa into the md
> files file and then comment it out for pc98?  I'm confused.

Because, adv_isa.c is not required by PC-98, PC-98 requires only PCI
frontend. Then it contains isa_dmacascade function which does not
exist and is not needed for PC-98.

The reason to comment out is to be clear that it is not required. If
it is completely removed from files.pc98, we may guess wrong in the
far future that we forgot to merge from files.i386.

---
Takahashi Yoshihiro
The Center for Information Science, Kogakuin Univ.