Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:49:29 -0700
From:      "Robert Shea" <robert.shea@onlinecables.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Oracle 8i and uname

I am having trouble getting Oracle 8i for linux to run under fbsd-4s.
I have searched the web... and found 4 different ways to get it working...
but none have worked for me thus far.
I am just wondering if anyone has actually set 8i up on an fbsd box and
might have a howto that worked for them that I could be pointed to.
The other question I have regards updating the uname output. Even though I
have upgraded several of my systems... and customized the kernels the
uname -r information remains that of the initial install and i would like it
to be current.
Thank you in advance.

Robert Shea
"Ophelia you made me cry, guess that's why I learned to swim."