Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:23:42 +0200
From:      Ramses van Pinxteren <ramses.van.pinxteren@cmg.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Proxy question

Hello,

I have a chat server runnin on port 8000 at my server. This is working great
but it has a couple of security features. one of them is the possibility for
the users to make their own configuration files for the applet and place
them on their local hard disk. this gives them the possibility to use all
kinds of things i dont want them to.

So now I want to place the chat server behind a proxy with a simple
function:
-check from which url the chat is called (This is passes through it shows up
in the logs) and if it does not originate form my own server dont allow the
connection...

Can this be done using a proxy like Squid? or do you have better
suggestions??

Tnx!
ramses