Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:17:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        sg <sg18@sina.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem about mount ext2fs in freebsd 3.2

Lacking a better answer, /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT does say:

# Add support for the EXT2FS filesystem of Linux fame.  Be a bit
# careful with this - the ext2fs code has a tendency to lag behind
# changes and not be exercised very much, so mounting read/write could
# be dangerous (and even mounting read only could result in panics.)
#
options         EXT2FS

	So unfortunately that does not solve your problem.  It looks like
a known issue.
	Can anybody provide a reference or information on why mounting
ext2fs on FreeBSD is so unstable?  Seems like it would get used enough to
at least not cause panics.  That seems like a pretty serious issue.

						Tim