Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:49:45 +0200
From:      deco33000 Jog <deco33000@yandex.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Virtual images and qemu

Hi,

I just downloaded the freebsd 10.2 virtual image for amd64. It runs on Linux mint.
I use qemu v.1.7.0 (because of linux mint, but plan to manually install the 2.4.0 version, and ditch Mint altogether).

I use the following command:
qemu-system-x86_64 myfreebsdimage.qcow2

When doing the pkg command, at some point it says it cannot fetch because of read only file system.

Ok, but how did you fix this? (I am not very used to virtualization).

The plan is to compile a custom freebsd system (faster memory management, and tcp stack) inside qemu because at the moment, I have no other choice :(

Thanks and sorry for asking such a question.

--š
Jog