Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:58:10 -0400
From:      "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Chris Canova <canovac@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STB TV/FM Tuner, No Sound

Chris Canova wrote:

> comments at bottom

Downloading it?  The Bktr driver is part of the kernel sources by
default
now, you should be able to take a stock -STABLE kernel and stick a
"device bktr" to get it to work.

My only other thought is the tuner chip changed subtly at some point
in a way that doesn't break the chip probe but still prevents it from
playing sound.  That sounds a tad farfetched (why wouldn't they
increment
the chip id?) but I guess it could happen.  Another option is that the
bktr driver just has a bug in it, and you might be able to get it
working
again by doing a little debug work and talking to the developer.

--
  / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org