Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:13:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pthread_attr_setscope missing from libc_r ???

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile VTK (a multithreaded viz tool kit) but I'm getting
the following error in the final link step:

vtkMultiThreader.o: Undefined symbol `_pthread_attr_setscope' referenced
from text segment

which seems to suggest that I'm missing the pthread_attr_setscope
function.  The function should exist according to the pthread(3) man page.
I'm compiling on a 3.0-19980711-SNAP machine with the -pthread switch
passed to g++.  Does anyone have any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?
Please respond to me directly as I'm not currently subscribed to
-questions.

Thanks much,

Tom