Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:28:53 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        hometeam@techpower.net
Cc:        cchrstns@sdln.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling perl on FreeBSD 3.0

I'd say perl itself might be "broken". More specifically, I believe that
the 'Configure' script doesn't do the right thing.  It seems impossible
to build a /usr/local prefixed version of perl that doesn't interact
somehow with the one installed with the system prefixed in /usr

I believe that the port should be reinstated but got stuck trying to
fix it myself. Perl's configuration script was, uh, interesting to try
and follow.

Good Luck,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net