Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 1996 10:54:08 +0000
From:      robmel@innotts.co.uk (Robin Melville)
To:        "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, questions@freebsd.org, Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Subject:   Re: Need rpc.rlockd -- any chance of finding it?

At 3:52 pm 8/3/96, Marty Leisner wrote:

>>... I'm reluctant to move to multi-protocol networking. We need TCP/IP for=
 SQL client/server work. NFS seems an elegant solution to file sharing too,=
 and works cheerfully and quickly in its current implementation (on the SCO =
box).
>>=20
>
>I think I agree..samba is RFC1001 (IP) based, so why is it
>"multi-protocol?"
>
>Lan-manager integrates nicely in with windows...I don't think nfs is so=20
>clean...

I use the Esker "TUN" TCP/IP products on our Windows=81 Boxes which does=
 integrate nicely. However, I bow to the assembled wisdom and will try=
 Samba.=20

>marty
>leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com =20
>Member of the League for Programming Freedom

(If only it were easy to program freedom!) :)

Regards,

Robin.

Robin Melville, Addiction Information Services                          =
 Nottingham Alcohol & Drug Team =20
Tel:  +44 (0)115 952 9478       Fax:  +44 (0)115 952 9421      =20
work: robmel@nadt.org.uk        home: robmel@innotts.co.uk=20
Pages: http://www.innotts.co.uk/~robmel    (home page)
       http://www.innotts.co.uk/suba       (UK substance misuse pages)    =
=20