Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 08:38:10 +0900 (KST)
From:      "JoongSub Lee (kornet)" <audience@soback.kornet.nm.kr>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd didn't recognize serial port on my compaq laptop

> Maybe you need to fiddle with the IRQ's for your serial ports.  Take a
> look in your kernel config file, e.g. /sys/i386/conf/MYMACHINE:
>
> device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
>
> You may have to twiddle the IRQ's above and recompile your kernel.
> Without more information it's hard to say what the problem is.
>
> Brian

Yes, you are right. I have only one serial port and it is a 16550
compatible. But there was no collapse about my irq. (I checked it with
-c option in booting time.) As I mentioned, I put the other option in
sio0 line. Does anyone know what options is available on this sio0?
Anyway, thanks Brian.

ps What kind of information I have to provide?

				From Seoul,
				   Sub