Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:14:35 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        john@veidit.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACPI problem with laptop?

>  > Then you'll get thermal operation messages, something like:
>  > Nov 26 19:34:13 mybox kernel: acpi_tz0: _AC0: temperature 60.0 >=
>  > setpoint 60.0
>  > Nov 26 19:34:13 mybox kernel: acpi_tz0: switched from NONE to _AC0: 60.0C
>  >
>  > We need the messages like this, acpidump output, and sysctl hw.acpi
> output
>  > to track this down.
[snip]
> Patch added.
> acpidump adds this (except for the log): acpidump: DSDT is corrupt

To get acpidump properly, I recommend not loading acpi.ko.
# Maybe other kernel modules also.
acpidump is a very simple utility, doesn't require acpi modules.
Running it in single user mode is better, I think.

> There were no thermal info in /var/log/messages or anywhere else for
> that matter

I'm afraid that your ACPI BIOS don't have ThermalZone definitions...
If so, ACPI cannot help to control thermal of your system.

Anyway, I'm waiting for your acpidump output.

Thanks