Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:57:13 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Tom Convery <tpc@tomfoo.com>, Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hints on KVM switches w/ X

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 02:22, Tom Convery wrote:
> What make/model of KVM and mouse are you using? I've had this happen to
> me when the KVM doesn't _really_ support the mouse I'm using, e.g. using
> an IntelliMouse Explorer with any Belkin KVM I've ever tried.

IMHO the "correct" solution to this problem is to use USB mice and KVMs..

USB is designed to be hot swapped, PS/2 isn't. If you use USB, none of the
evil reinit tricks are needed.

I expected you'd end up with a lot of ums0:.. messages in your syslog from
insert/removals though :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5