Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 20:41:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
To:        dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com, dwoods@netgazer.com
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG, jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Re: spammer problem - help!

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:09:16 -0800 (PST) David Babler said:

>If you've applied the normal anti-relaying rules they can only send to
>*your* domain (and that's confirmed by my tests - see
>http://maps.vix.com/ar-test.html for a quick check on relay hijacking
>vulnerability) so they're just spamming you, so at least they aren't
>spamming the whole planet *through* you. If you've picked up the specific
>IP blocking rules (highly recommended), then you could also just block the
>specific dialup, though unless it's dedicated I'd expect to see a
>different IP each time.

Quick followup to Dave's note, the ar test page is at:
	http://maps.vix.com/tsi/ar-test.html

Dave, does this mean that it's going to be moved or your fingers slipped
a character or two there? :^>

John

John T. Farmer			Proprietor, GoldSword Systems
jfarmer@goldsword.com		Public Internet Access in East Tennessee
dial-in (423)470-9953		for info, e-mail to info@goldsword.com
	Network Design, Internet Services & Servers, Consulting