Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:19:05 -0800
From:      Ben Speirs <igiveup@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building x11amp-0.9

Udo Wolter wrote:

> Thanx for your hard work, but is there anyone out there which have
> 2.2.x-Binaries ? I know that 2.2.x shouldn't be supported and that
> only 3.x-Binaries should be available. But is there any soul which can send
> me the libs/bins in a.out format or could anyone tell me a URL for it ?
>
> Thanx !
>
> Bye,
>         Udo

Hey Udo, I think we're toobed until we upgrade to 3.X or 4.X.  I just
re-read about the Linux thread stuff (see Eric's original post) and it
requires some modifications to the FreeBSD kernel.  If I am reading it
correctly it is not going to work on a 2.2.X system.

I'm waiting for Jordan to throw the big knife switch on 3.1-RELEASE
before I upgrade.  Until then I am enjoying x11amp-0.8 and waiting
patiently.

--
-Ben Speirs