Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:09:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>
Cc:        Ivan Streetovich <bad_dot_c@yahoo.com>, <chat@freebsd.org>, <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: From: Ivan Streetovich, Japan

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Benjamin Krueger wrote:

> Interesting. I recieved a copy on Thursday night PST and forwarded it to phk
> and the security officer in the wee morning hours of Friday...
>
> I've heard rumour that it was culled from an (years) old post on a freebsd
> list.
>
> --
> Benjamin Krueger

This is just another local mbuf exhaustion attack.  We should probably put
in countermeasures for this one of these days, but it's not all that much
of a serious problem.  If you have a shell machine you wish to get your
access revoked on, then by all means go ahead and use this program.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack