Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:11:26 +1000
From:      "Martin Bayley" <martin@soundfirm.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   vinum and adding a sd to a concat plex

Using 4.0-release.

I would appreciate if anyone could offer some advice on the method of
extending an existing concat plex.

I have performed the operation on a test system: adding an additional 18Gb
drive to an existing single 18Gb sd concat plex (/dev/vinum/test).  The
vinum config part goes very well (doing a create, define the new drive,
adding the sd with an offset, performing an init on the new subdisk is
required it seems for the plex to be consistent and everything to be flagged
up), and vinum acknowledges that I have 2 sd for a total plex / volume
capacity as expected.  My test data is not lost.  OK.

However I'm stuck on the next bit, as mounting the plex and doing a df
indicates that the /dev/vinum/test volume is still the old size of the
single drive.  How do I get the capacity to be recognised here without
performing a newfs -v /dev/vinum/test?

Martin