Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:16:23 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Helge Oldach <puc-art@oldach.net>
Cc:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/105616: UART PCI device just silent...

On Nov 18, 2006, at 1:20 PM, Helge Oldach wrote:

>  I tried to attach with all speeds to cuau2, using cu -s <speed>. This
>  should be a 9600 baud port (it talks to a standard Cisco router
> console
>  port and works fine at 9600 Baud with sio). Particularly, neither
> 1200
>  nor 115200 work.

Ok, so we assume that the clock frequency is correct. Did you configure
the serial ports to ignore DCD by editing /etc/rc.d/serial or otherwise
(e.g. by using stty clocal)?

Secondly, you are aware that with uart(4) the devices are called ttyu#
and cuau# instead of ttyd# and cuad# (resp)?

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com