Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 1995 12:16:39 +0800
From:      luckydav@hntp2.hinet.net (luckydav)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

Dear Sir,

There are two questions using FreeBSD 2.0. Please give me an suggestion.

1. How can I remove BSD bootcode from my hard disk (entire disk was DOS
   formated)? I do not like to see the message when I boot my PC.

2. When booting FreeBSD, my IDE CD-ROM Drive (Wearnes CDD-120 model) can
   not be found, so I can not install programs directly from CDROM. I must
   copy files from CDROM to HD(DOS formated), then continue the installation
   procedures. It is lousy. How to solve it?

My PC enviroments are VGA, IDE-ISA QUANTUM 540MB HD, MAXTOR SCSI 340MB HD,
32MB RAM, AHA-1542b SCSI-ISA adaptor, 1.44MB Floppy disk, and WERANES
CDD-120 CD-ROM drive.

It will be appreciate for your kindly help, thank you.

Kind Regards,
James Jang
(a user using Walnut Creek CD-ROM)