Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 16:51:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <beef@cybertouch.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setting quotas on filesystem

	Hello,

	I have read the man page on edquota. I just need to understand one
thing. It speaks of editting soft and hard limits. If for example i want
the default in the group user to be 10 megs. How would I translate that to
blocks? 1 block =1024 bytes? Which means setting the hard limit to 9765
and then the soft limit for 15 megs would be 14,648 ?

Quotas for group user:
/home: blocks in use: 450549, limits (soft = 0, hard = 0)
        inodes in use: 1079, limits (soft = 0, hard = 0)

If i understand this right, the current quota is 0 nothing.

  	Thank you for your help