Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:32:23 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Mike Comb <mcomb@mac.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: umodem/Ricochet problems

Mike Comb <mcomb@mac.com> types:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is the proper list for this.  Please mail me
> privately if I should take this elsewhere.
>
> I am having problems with the umodem driver with a Ricochet GS USB modem
> under stable (built June 3).  The modem is new so I don't know if this
> is a new problem.  When the modem disconnects (ISP disconnects me or I
> go out of range) FreeBSD crashes with this output...
[...]
> Can anyone tell me where to go from here?

Read the handbook entry on debugging kernel at <URL:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/kerneldebug.html
>. That will tell you how to get the information a programmer needs to
fix the code - well, one hopes that information is there. If you're a
programmer and can fix the problem, submit a PR with the patch. If
not, get a stack trace and either post a PR so the umodem maintainer
will look at it, or drop me a note and I - I've done a bit of work on
the umodem driver - will see what I can do.

	<mike