Date:      04 Jan 2003 11:12:08 -0500
From:      David Magda <dmagda@magda.ca>
To:        Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
Cc:        Marcus Reid <marcus@blazingdot.com>, Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Stability

Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net> writes:

> You do realize, I hope, that Linux and Solaris roll over their uptimes
> at something like 492 days.

There was a thread on comp.unix.solaris with people reporting uptimes
greater than 492 days. Some with three years uptime (1000
days). There was a bug in Solaris pre-2.6 that prevented the
reporting of uptime greater then 248 days. I am unsure about Linux.

There's a report of a VMS machine running for about 7 years:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&th=be68d05baa08c324&seekm=asp586%243i0g%241%40node21.cwnet.roc.gblx.net#link3

(Sorry for line wrap.)

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>