Date:      Sun, 02 Jun 2013 15:17:26 +0200
From:      dt71@gmx.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: >3955MiB of swap space

On 05/27/2013 19:59, dt71@gmx.com wrote:
> I have 4 hard drives, each containing a swap partition of size 1023MiB. I get:
>
> warning: total configured swap (1178880 pages) exceeds maximum recommended amount (1012480 pages).
> warning: increase kern.maxswzone or reduce amount of swap.

I am yet to hear whether the warning is safe to ignore. Which one of the following is true?

(1) Only 3955MiB of swap space will be used (instead of 4092MiB), but that reduced space will have maximum operational performance.

(2) 4096MiB of swap space will be used, at reduced performance. To increase performance, the partitions have to be resized to (3955/4)MiB each.