Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2009 05:37:32 -0400
From:      "David M. Patronis" <thenudnik@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BurnCd--Kernel Panic

I'm using an Intel DG33BU board with a SATA HD and SATA optical drives.
Using FreeBSD 7.1 AMD64 I get a kernel panic and subsequent file system
corruption when attempting to burn a cd using the burncd utility. I can
avoid this easily enough by using cdrecord and growisofs which work as
they should. I wanted to alert others using the same or similar boards.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd  like to know why this happens. Is there a
planned update to the burncd software or how it addresses the system
that might remedy this in future releases?

--David