Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:43:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the condvar stuff.

so, is there such a thing in
pthread condvars as an uncancellable condvar?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Mike Smith wrote:
> No, they are condition variables.
>
> They exist to provide a mechanism that is familiar to a large number of
> thread programmers, and which has a good body of related algorithms
> already established.
>
> They directly parallel the condition variables found in the pthread
> library, again keeping the kernel and userland programming metaphors as
> close as is practical.

I don't know how good an idea this is..
we are getting VERY kitchen-sinky in the kernel. Can I have a C++
allocator too?

enumerate:
	mem allocators: mbuf/malloc/zalloc/kvalloc-etal/bus-space-alloc
	synchronisation: primatives CV/msleep/mtx/sx/lockmanager(gone?)
	thread schemes: (aio/kthreads/linux-thread-support/KSE)
etc :-)