Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:26:27 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        antwort@schmalzbauer.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and masquerading

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:47:48PM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I have to _believe_ there's something strange going on with sendmail in t=
he=20
> base system.
> I try to convince it to masquerade my righthandside. Therefore I added th=
e=20
> following to bsdharry.zenk.de.mc:
> MASQUERADE_AS(`zenk.de')
>=20
> local-host-names reads:
> bsdharry.zenk.de
>=20
> host reads:
> 150.20.100.18	bsdharry bsdharry.zenk.de
>=20
> But sendmail still communicates with "Mail from: @bsdharry.zenk.de"

Yup.  That's the envelope sender address, as used in the SMTP dialog.
That doesn't get masqueraded by default -- but you should see that the
=46rom: line within the message is masqueraded.

Use:

    FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

to make sendmail rewrite the envelope sender address as well.  You
might also want to use:

    FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl

which applies masquerading to *recipient* addresses.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way