Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:47:05 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Burmeister <Robert.Burmeister@utoledo.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: devel/gio-fam-backend

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Robert Burmeister <
Robert.Burmeister@utoledo.edu> wrote:

> I would like to note that the customary month notice for deleting a port
> was ignored for gio-fam-backend.
>
> As I use Gnome2 as my shell, the deletion broke things.
>
> Also, instructions for converting dependencies were not included in
> UPDATING.
>
> As I run pkgdb -F before portupgrade, my port database is now a royal mess,
> and will take at least a day to reconstruct;
> and I will not be able to make an important project deadline tomorrow
> because of this.
>
> I am also rummaging around for the gio-fam-backend package list in order
> to clean up after it, as I can not run a pkg_delete.
>

> Please ensure these port deletion oversights do not occur in the future.
>
> Robert,

I don't know how you update your ports, but, if you use svn, you can
download the old version with "svn up -r 324000
/usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend". If you don't use svn,  use the web
interface to get it:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/gio-fam-backend/?pathrev=324000
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer