Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:30:07 GMT
From:      "Joost Bekkers" <joost@jodocus.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/115745: missing dependency/executable in pkg-config-0.22

The following reply was made to PR ports/115745; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joost Bekkers" <joost@jodocus.org>
To: "Yuri Pankov" <yuri@darklight.org.ru>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:22:49 +0200 (CEST)

 On Thu, August 23, 2007 09:08, Yuri Pankov wrote:
 > What actually happens when you are trying to build port that depends on
 > pkg-config on a clean system? gnome-config is from GNOME1 time, and
 > 'gnome-config: not found' messages during configure stage can be safely
 > ignored nowadays (if you are not building GNOME1-related ports, of course,
 > in this case it should be installed as part of x11/gnome-libs) .

 *hangs head in shame*

 Problem does not occur on a clean system. The statement I made in the pr
 is in error.

 Which leave me wondering why pkg-config tries to use gnome-config?
 Is that a compile- or run-time choice and based on what is that choice made?

 I'd like to fix the system that is suffering from this.

 Joost.