Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:49:25 -0500
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        green@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>, jclarke@cisco.com
Subject:   Re: snes9x ports for 4.2-STABLE

Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The files/patch-af in ports/emulators/snes9x mave usb support,
> it seems work on 5.0-current, but not on 4.2-STABLE.
> (I got many bug-report mails from users.)
> This is because the function argument is different between them.
>
> In /usr/include/libusb.h,
>
> 5.0-current:
> int hid_report_size __P((report_desc_t d, unsigned int id, enum hid_kind k));
>
> 4.2-STABLE :
> int hid_report_size __P((report_desc_t d, enum hid_kind k, int *idp));
>
> So this new patch-af that I append here is needed to compile snes9x
> on 4.2-STABLE.
>
> I will add 5.0 macros and commit this after some tests...

Good job!  Shall I assume that now you're not busy and will do all the
updating for snes9x?  I did feel that it sorely needed USB device support,
but I'm sorry I neglected to notice the difference in API between -STABLE
and -CURRENT.  Maybe what really should be done is that the API for libusb
should be merged soon, anyway.

I suppose that #define hid_report_size(a, b, c) hid_report_size(a, *c, b)
should do fine, but I never found a __FreeBSD_version to associate with the
libusb version bump....