Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:37:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        jmallett@FreeBSD.org, <green@FreeBSD.org>, <sw@anthologeek.net>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/lang Makefile ports/lang/icc Makefile distinfo pkg-comment pkg-descr pkg-plist ports/lang/icc/files patch-include

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> I've tried to give it a start, so I also allowed __ICC in pcpu.h, now it
> fails with:

I got most of src/bin src/sbin src/usr.bin src/usr.sbin and lib to compile
with it.

Libc had some issues with malloc and mmap() and wouldn't function when
installed, but other things worked fine.

My patches to src/share/mk/ are here:

	ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/icc.mk.diff

This allows you to set 'USE_ICC' and 'ICFLAGS' and build stuff.

Setting 'CFLAGS' to nil and 'NO_WARNS' is also a good idea.

icc.cfg:

-long_double

-Ulinux
-U__linux__
-U__linux

-D__int64="long long"
-D__FreeBSD__=5
-D__attribute__(x)=
-D__GNUC__=2
-D__ELF__=1
-D__ICC__=1

-nolib_inline
-X
-I/usr/include

I also added a few lines to my
/usr/local/intel/compiler50/ia32/bin/iccvars.csh

setenv INTEL_FLEXLM_LICENSE /usr/local/intel/licenses
setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE /usr/local/intel/licenses/l_cpp.lic
setenv ICFLAGS '-O3 -tpp6 -ip'
setenv USE_ICC
setenv CFLAGS
setenv CWARNFLAGS
setenv NO_WARNS yes

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |