Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:03:13 -0400
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        FastPathNow@netscape.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SACK code patch for FreeBSD 4.3

* FastPathNow@netscape.net <FastPathNow@netscape.net> [010613 18:31] wrote:
> Hi
> I am currently working on implementing SACK on FreeBSD 4.3 (STABLE) . At some point in the future I plan to contribute this patch to the FreeBSD source tree (4.3 or later). I had a look at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/contrib.html .
>
> With regards to the code contribution, I have the following questions:
> 1) Whom do I need to be in touch with as far as the SACK contribution is concerned?. I suspect that only files in the /usr/src/sys/netinet directory will be modified.
> 2) Given that the code I am working with is a stable release, what might possibly be the release into which the code inclusion can take place?. Would it be in a future CURRENT release, which would then get included in a future STABLE release after further testing?
>
> I would appreciate it if the appropriate persons who control code canges into the TCP stack, could reply.

When you have the code ready post it here, if one of the network gurus
doesn't respond I'll get it to one of them.  As far as inclusion in the
source, having patches for -current will have to come first, if you also
have patches for -stable that would be a bonus.

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance, I'll try my best.

best of luck,
-Alfred