Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:52:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      kibbet <kibbet@knfpub.com>
To:        Eugeny Kuzakov <CoreDumped@CoreDumped.null.ru>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 3.4R*onboard aic aic7870 on acer altos 7000v

Hi,

From my 4.0-STABLE LINT file (v 1.749.2.4) it appears cx devices
are supported, though, I don't have one therefore I haven't
compiled support for it;

# cx: Cronyx/Sigma multiport sync/async (with Cisco or PPP framing)

Also looks like AIC7xxx devices are supported (from my 3.2 and 4.0 LINT file);

device          ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices

So, recompile your kernel with the above device line, and things should
be happy.  (You may need "device pci" as well)

Don't forget: LINT is our friend. :)

Kent Ibbetson
KNF Publishing
kibbet@knfpub.com