Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:02:00 -0600
From:      Patrick Rael <prael@lumeta.com>
To:        Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
Cc:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>, gnome@freebsd.org, "prael >> Pat Rael" <prael@lumeta.com>
Subject:   Re: ETA on port of libxml2-2.8.0

Thanks Koop for the quick reply.  For clarification I followed up
with two questions below.

-->Pat
---------

On 03/26/2013 04:28 PM, Koop Mast wrote:
> On 26-3-2013 16:24, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Patrick Rael <prael@lumeta.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>        I see only libxml2-2.7.8 in freebsd ports.
>>> Do you have an ETA for 2.8.0?
>> I don't, but I will let kwm to answer it. The 2.8.0 breaks API, so it
>> might affects many ports. kwm knows a lot about it, so I will let him
>> to answer more on this.
>
> As far as I know it is only 2.9.0 and up, but I haven't gotten around
> testing it yet.
Do you mean that that only 2.9.0 breaks API, but that you think 2.8.0 is ok
regarding the API?

>>>    If the ETA is
>>> not before April 4 (that's my deadline), any
>>> ideas/workarounds for me to get 2.8 built?
>> I don't understand your deadline, but I believe that 2.8.0 is
>> available in the MarcusCom CVS.
>
> I will see if I can update libxml2 to 2.8.0 this week, I have some
> other things in the pipe that I really want to commit this week. But
> my poudriere machine is not cooperating .... But like Jeremy said if
> you need it now, you can lift the new version from our devel repo.

Thanks, if I need to get 2.8.0 from that devel repo, will that work in
our ports tree
so that the ports make will build it?  Is that what you mean by it's
available in the devel repo?