Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:56:18 -0500
From:      Tom Legg <tjlegg@shore.net>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>, Matt Loschert <loschert@servint.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions source-upgrading 3.4-s to 4.0-s

At 3:44 PM -0500 3/24/2000, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:
>  >From loschert@servint.com  Fri Mar 24 14:02:06 2000
>>Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:55:23 -0500 (EST)
>>Subject: Re: Questions source-upgrading 3.4-s to 4.0-s
>>
>  >On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:
>
>>Use the following to get all 4.0-STABLE source including crypto:
>>src-all
>
>Of course...  :)
>
>>cvs-crypto
>
>UPDATING says "Crypto & secure are now required."  That, as I
>understand would be src-crypto and src-secure.  How would these
>differ from cvs-crypto?  Ie. would it be "better" to use those 2
>"tags" or to use the one cvs-crypto?  I suppose what I may be
>asking is "how do I make my new system look most like the
>distributed CDs?"

Well those two are missing src-sys-crypto which is the kicker. You
can build a GENERIC kernel without src-sys-crytpo, but I know that a
custom kernel with IPSEC will not build without these sources. I'm
not sure how the newly built in ssh and ssl support are affected by a
lack of src-sys-crypto. Any of the developers care to answer that one?

And cvs-crypto is an umbrella tag that includes src-crypto,
src-secure, and src-sys-crypto. One versus three. Your choice.
--
-----
Tom Legg