Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:36:23 -0500
From:      Ted Richart <trichart@belltechlogix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DHClient issue

When I recently built a box to use as a SendMail server, I opted to obtain
an IP address automatically "thinking" that I can change it later. I have
since added an static IP address, but the DHCP address is still showing up
in the boot process. I can only ping this address, not the static one I
specified in /etc/defaults/rc.conf. I am pretty new to this, and I want to
understand the process as well as the solution.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

BTW, I see a lot on compiling the kernel, but I haven't seen a place that
just walks you though it. Even an example would help.

Thanks

Ted A Richart
Systems Engineer
Bell Tech.logix