Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:14:33 -0500
From:      "Roedel, Mark" <MarkRoedel@letu.edu>
To:        "Christoph Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>, <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: opencms 5.0R

Missed your post on the OpenCMS list, but...

Yeah, we're having good success with it here (FreeBSD 4-stable, JDK
1.4).  The only snag that I remember encountering was that the JDK
wanted to default to a file encoding of "ISO8859-1", where OpenCMS
expects "ISO-8859-1".

I got around this by setting the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable to a
value of "-Dfile.encoding=3DISO-8859-1" (without the quotes, of course)
before starting up Tomcat.

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell