Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 1995 21:45:51 -0800
From:      "Robert A. Buaas" <buaas@wireless.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing 2.0

two questions:
(a) what ioaddr/irq is the mcd0a expected on? I've set ioaddr=0x300 irq=5
    but the booter times out waiting for status. So...
(b) I've copied as much of the CDROM that will fit to my DOS hard-disk,
    then I reconfigured the system to have the working (but very bare,
    having successfully loaded the floppies to the empty hard-disk) 2.0
    disk as the master IDE drive, and the DOS drive as slave. Booting 2.0
    finds wd0a as expected, and the slave drive as wd1a, but when I try
    to use the installation menu to install the binary distribution from
    DOS, I try to replace the pro-offered /dev/fd0 with /dev/wd1a and mount
    fails. Any suggestions?

(c) (suggestions) it would be awfully nice to have a file on the distribution
    CDROM that tells what the ioaddr/irq configuration that the kernel on
    the floppy expects.

I've been running FreeBSD 1.0 for a year now, and you all are to be commended
for a really fine job. I'm looking forward to getting 2.0 up.

thanks in advance for all the help.

best regards/bob