Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 00:41:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        olsenc@ichips.intel.com
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about NCR PCI SCSI driver

> I asked this before.  It seems as though I have to ask each question twice
> to get an answer from this group.

Hmmm, this is the first time I see this question.

Anyway :

> Will performing certain SCSI operations in FreeBSD (say tape rewind) cause the
> SCSI bus to hang until completion?  People have complained about this in
> Linux because the driver is not polished.  Hopefully, someone who uses this
> device can testify that things are working ok or not.

If the SCSI bus was hung during rewind I'd have noticed as I have only
SCSI devices... No bus hang down here.

I don't see why there must be a hang either. You send the command to the
device and that's all (at least to my understanding of SCSI operations).

--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
    FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #7: Thu Mar 23 00:28:31 MET 1995