Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2006 14:48:19 -0400
From:      Ben Kelly <bkelly@vadev.org>
To:        "Roger Miranda (Digital Relay)" <rmiranda@digitalrelay.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Time with Nanobsd

Roger Miranda (Digital Relay) wrote:
> The one small issue I had from the start was the time it took for nanobsd to
> start up. It just sits there with the cursor on the screen for almost
> 30seconds.
>
> Any ideas? Can this be fixed?

Have you tried setting autoboot_delay in loader.conf?  I believe it
defaults to 10 seconds.

You could also try adding the -t option to the boot0cfg command issued
from nanobsd.sh.  I don't know what it defaults to though.  Note that
this one is specified in ticks, not seconds.  The man page claims there
are 18.2 ticks per second.

> Thanks for all your help.
>
> Roger

- Ben