Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 1996 10:55:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        David Monrose <monrose@caribnet.net>
Cc:        monrose@caribnet.net, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IDE ATAPI INTERFACE

On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, David Monrose wrote:

> how do i build a custom kernel?

Read Chapter 5 of the FreeBSD Handbook.  It's available on the Web site
at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html and it should be
installed in /usr/share/doc/handbook or thereabouts (sorry, I've been in
NT lately, waiting for the latest -current SNAP to boot on my system).
Anyway, you can use lynx or netscape to view the Handbook, whether you
find it locally or on the Web.  Since I wrote it (with many corrections
from others), it's a lot better than what I could tell you off the top of
my head.  :-)

---Jake