Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:28:27 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, edwin@mavetju.org
Subject:   Re: ld-linux.so.1 ?

Am Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:10:33 -0500
schrieb Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>:

> вівторок 31 січень 2006 13:19, Alexander Leidinger Ви написали:
> > Am Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:05:20 -0500
> >
> > schrieb Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>:
> > > The math/wingz3 port is so old, it tries to use /lib/ld-linux.so.1
> > >
> > > Is there anything, the port can declare or depend on for the suitable
> > > binary to be installed? All pkg-plist-s, I can find, install
> > > ld-linux.so.2
> >
> > Just to be sure: you installed "emulators/linux_base" (this is a RH
> > 7.3) and had a look if it's there?
>
> No, I did not. I'm using linux_base-rh-9. Can one install the linux_base _in
> addition_ to the later code in rh-9, or are there endless conflicts in there?

If the port is PREFIX clean, you just have to set it to be able to
install it in parallel, but since this port isn't emulation@-territory,
I don't know if it is PREFIX clean.

> How should I modify the wingz3 port for the right thing to happen
> automatically?

USE_LINUX=7

But this puts you into DEPRECATED land, since rh-7.3 is not the default
linux_base and even the default linux_base is outdated (we need to
update to a more recent version, but so far nobody stepped up to do the
work... an outline what needs to be done is available).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/