Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:35:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vlad <tmd@tmd.df.ru>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipf - icmp

Perhaps there are other rules that follow before/after
that supercede the icmp ones. Try using "quick" option.

pass in quick on sis0 proto icmp from any to any icmp-type 0
pass in quick on sis0 proto icmp from any to any icmp-type unreach code 3
pass in quick on sis0 proto icmp from any to any icmp-type unreach code 4
pass in quick on sis0 proto icmp from any to any icmp-type timex
pass out quick on sis0 proto icmp from any to any

these entries will allow you to ping/traceroute anyone, will prohibit
anyone from pinging/tracerouting you.