Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:13:48 -0400
From:      Paul Murphy <pnmurphy@cogeco.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Undo MBR

--=.)Iw1XHqd8Qk,p5

 I have just installed FBSD-CURRENT on a test box. During install I
unwittingly installed a BootMgr entry for the second HDD (it will
just be a data disk, no need to boot from it).

 If I do 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rad2 count=15' will this "erase" the
BootMgr or will I have to redo Fdisk and etcetera. There is no data
on the disk yet so this would be no hardship, but is there a "proper"
way of doing what I want?

 Just to clarify, upon booting I get:

	F1 FreeBSD
	F5 Drive 1

 but I just want to boot straight into FreeBSD, no "dual-boot".

--
Cogeco ergo sum

--=.)Iw1XHqd8Qk,p5

--=.)Iw1XHqd8Qk,p5--