Date:               Mon, 24 Jul 1995 17:52:46 EST
From:      "Christian" <PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@mercury.csg.peachnet.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         Netblazer ??? help

Hi all,

I realize that this might be off topic but this is the only place
that I know of where I can usually get a quick, intelligent answer,
and I figure that since many people use FreeBSD for their Internet
Provider businesses somebody who reads this list surely has run
across my problem.  The college I work for has 12 modems connected to
a Telebit Netblazer 40.  They want to use this to provide SLIP/PPP
services to the college students & faculty.  The problem is, that as
of now the only thing that the people working on this project have
gotten the netblazer to do is telnet to one of our FreeBSD hosts once
the correct username & password is given.  This is good, but we
really want to do native PPP or SLIP and not use shell accounts.  We
have all looked (intently) at the manuals that came with the
netblazer but none of us can make any sense of how to configure the
dammned thing for SLIP or PPP.  We have a pool of 12 ip addresses
reserved for this purpose also, and would like them to be dynamically
assigned upon connection.  My question is: Would somebody who is
using one of these things to provide SLIP/PPP services please explain
to me step, by step how we could configure our Netblazer for this?
This would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You all for your patience,

Christian

Christian Plazas <plazas_christian@cc.csg.peachnet.edu>