Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:26:27 -0800
From:      "Wayne Self" <wayne@baic.com>
To:        "Mark Conway Wirt" <mark@intrepid.net>, "Chris Shenton" <chris@shenton.org>, "Michael Moran" <mmoran@veronet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: E-Mail size limitation by ISPs

How about limiting the size of messages that can be delivered to
procmail?  In situations where you have artists and such sending
10M messages that must get through, there is the hope of having
sendmail give not give them to procmail (which bloats and tries
to take the machine with it.)

I found references in cf/README to this, but attempts to get it in
the mc file don't change the resulting cf.

PROCMAIL_MAILER_MAX [undefined] If set, the maximum size message that will
be accepted by the procmail mailer.

Does anyone know how to set this?  It looks as if you can do this
even without using procmail as your local transport agent.  but i
could be totaly wrong.

 - wayne