Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:13:20 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemicals.tacorp.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ray committed

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0011122152410.34677-100000@volatile.chemicals.tacorp.com> Wesley Morgan writes:
: How would you say these cards compare to a wavelan or aironet?

I think a couple more words are in order.

They work OK.  However, they are slower than the 2.0M aironet that I
used at BSDcon.  They are a lot slower than the 11M wavelan cards.
They have a higher packet loss rate than the aironet or wavelan cards
I've used here and at BSDcon.  Their only advantage is cost.  They are
a lot cheaper than all other wireless cards because webgear went out
of business and have been dumped in the market.  I paid like $120 for
my pair.

So, comapred to the wavelan and aironet they suck.  But compared to
nothing, they aren't too bad.

Warner