Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 02:32:00 +0000
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: serial port woes

You are my miracle cure today, Jonathan.
The digiboard under ibcs2 I tested and it works fine.
Thanks again.
Let me try one more on you.

One of the digiboard ports I want to use to control an external modem.
While trouble-shooting the ppp script I decided to try direct
communication with the modem like so;

# cu -l /dev/cuaD01

but I get the error
Permission denied.
Line in use.

There are no files in /var/spool/lock, there is no /etc/ttys entry for
that specific port, and to my knowledge there is no application on the machine
that even knows that port exists.
Do you have any idea where to look for the lock, and maybe why it would
exist?