Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:43:12 -0500
From:      Jim <jameso@elwood.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How does Yahoo talk to their database?

This is a quick question for the Yahoo! people, or anyone else who may
happen to know.

I was wonder how does Yahoo! have its front end web servers (running
FreeBSD) talk to their backend database?

The way I understand it (and I could be wrong), most of Yahoo!'s
webservers are running modified FreeBSD-4.0, and their backend
database is Oracle. (At lease our Oracle reps are telling us Yahoo!
uses Oracle for its database.) Because of the lack of native client
libs for FreeBSD, I was wondering how this is being done. ODBC?
Middleware? Something that Yahoo! wrote them self?

Thanks.

--
Jim O'Gorman           | It is not enough to succeed.  Others
BSD Admin              | must fail.   -- Gore Vidal