Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 11:57:49 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xemacs/movemail? Correctly configured?

Hiho, just trying to get VM working under xemacs (and I know there's at least
a few xemacs freaks here 8)

movemail: Permission denied for /var/mail

The faq suggests setgid mail and mode 2555, the idea being to write lockfiles
to the mail spool I presume.  This doesn't help (we have no mail group,
and setgid bin didn't help either)

 1)	Is movemail being compiled correctly?
 2)	If so, what else needs to be done to make it work?

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[