Date:      Mon,  6 Jan 2003 11:48:47 -0600
From:      wgrim@siue.edu
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nsswitch help for you?

All of that sounds great!

I got the network setup at home to get -CURRENT downloadeded, but I might just
do it once I get back to school (next Monday) where I have higher connection
speeds.

For now though, I can certainly take a look at several man pages, print them
out and such.

I'll try to keep ya updated.

Oh, and you were right, the problem supposedly exists somewhere in the glibc
libraries.  I haven't taken a personal look yet, but supposedly dlopen() causes
problems when called if the calling program isn't statically linked to libc.
At least, I think I remember that synopsis correctly; it's been a while.

Basically, the best I could get out of the synopsis is that the calling program
calls a dlopen(), but it gets confused as to what is statically linked and what
is not, and then it poops.

Well, talk to you later man!