Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:23:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ensuring packet defragmentation in FreeBSD?

I've been looking at sevral programs to help test client setups and
learning how they work. I noticed in the nmap manpage, it states:

	"...this method won't get by packet filters and firewalls that
	queue all IP fragments (like the CONFIG_IP_ALWAYS_DEFRAG option
	in the Linux kernel),..."

Does FreeBSD queue packet fragments and/or reassemble them in a way I can
detect this probing by fragmented packets? Which files should I look in?

Thanks - Jy@